Code of Practice
To comply with expectations of our Schools we issue this Code of Practice to ensure an efficient and reliable relationship between School, Candidate and Agency.
- TEACHERS UK and our Schools expect you to act in a professional and reliable manner at all times, arriving and leaving as agreed. Aim to arrive 30 minutes early to familiarise yourself with your surroundings i.e. staff room, toilets etc. Any lateness will need to be explained without exception. It is essential that you inform TEACHERS UK in good time if you have any problems regarding arrival, departure, duration or any other aspect of an arranged booking; we can usually negotiate alternative arrangements given adequate notice.
- On arrival at a booking, you must familiarise yourself with the setting's safety procedures, e.g. fire exits, alarms etc.You will be issued with an ID badge.
- If you are unable to attend at school at any time, e.g. in the event of sickness, it is imperative that you notify TEACHERS UK immediately.
- If a cancellation is completely unavoidable, we require at least 48 hours notice. This will enable us to arrange alternative cover to meet the Schools' requirements. We insist that all cancellations are confirmed with TEACHERS UK between the hours of 7.30 am and 6.00 pm (Mon-Fri).
- Time sheets must be signed and authorised before being returned to TEACHERS UK. Payment will not be made if the time sheet is not authorised.
- You will be expected to comply with the Schools' Policies and Procedures.
- We expect our Candidates to be committed to Equal Opportunities, giving every person, irrespective of race, gender, class, disability or religion/culture equal care and attention.
Please remember that TEACHERS UK are always aware that Candidates have their own grievances and problems, for which we are always available to give advice or assistance.
In accordance with our Schools' expectations, and our commitment to quality and reliability all Candidates need to comply with the Code of Practice. Failure to comply with the Code may result in a Teacher not being considered for future assignments.
Register with Teachers UK
You can register with Teachers UK online, from anywhere in the world!
Simply click here to start the process.