Cover Supervisor – are you looking for a career in Education?
Vacancy TypeCover supervisor
UK RegionEast Midlands
LocationBurton upon Trent
Are you looking to start a career within Education ?
Here at Teachers UK we have a successful and extremely busy Secondary Desk providing staff to schools across the Burton-on-Trent Area, and are currently looking to add to our fantastic team of cover supervisors. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about education and being able to enhance the learning experience of our future generations during their time within secondary education. To be a cover supervisor all we ask is that you have a passion for education, a firm but fair approach, and the ability to bring fun to the class whilst maintaining your professionalism. We have candidates from all walks of life, from former police officers, ex-military personnel and former prison officers to College Graduates and individuals who are either semi or even fully retired.
What do we look for in a cover supervisor ?
The successful candidate doesn't necessarily need to have classroom experience, but we do ask that you:
- have a willingness to work up to 5 days a week on an ad hoc basis whether full or part days
- are over 18 years of age (due to the age of the students)
- are happy to get a DBS on the updates service (if you do not already have one)
- are be able to provide references to cover the last 2 years and full working history
- are adaptable and flexible
- be resilient and able to deal in a calm and confident manner with students who can sometimes display challenging behaviour
- Ideally you would have a driving license and access to a vehicle as not all schools are easily accessible by public transport – although this is not essential
If you feel that you can perform the duties required for this role, and have the relevant skills and knowledge to contribute positively to the next generation of young adults, we would love to hear from you.
Please apply with your up-to-date CV to email@example.com or call Marc Dudley on 01623 600636 for a confidential chat.
Salary: £60.00 /day +