Year 2 Primary School Teacher
UK RegionEast Midlands
Salary£50 - 75 per day
Full time Year 2 class teacher starting September to July 2018
Pay Range: £100-£170.05 per day Sherwood Area, NG5
Teachers UK are seeking a full time Year 2 class teacher to work in a primary school in the Sherwood area. This is a temporary position covering maternity leave, with the possibility of becoming a permanent role. This would suit an NQT or experienced teacher. The school is very supportive of all its staff and pupils. The successful candidate will work as part of a supportive team and be looking for a new challenge, they will also have the following qualities:
- Teach pupils within allocated class, enhancing their learning and providing the opportunity for achievement for all pupils.
- Planning and preparing tasks which challenge pupils and ensure high levels of interest during lessons.
- Monitor the academic progress of pupils and implement appropriate strategies to address underachievement.
- To assess, record and report on the progress and attainment of pupils.
- To set homework task as appropriate.
- To mark pupil’s work and give appropriate and constructive feedback.
- To research new topic areas, maintain up-to-date subject knowledge, and devise and write new curriculum materials.
- Manage pupil behaviour in the classroom and on school premises, and apply appropriate and effective measures in cases of misbehaviour.
- Communicate with parents and carers over pupils' progress and participate in school meetings, parents' evenings and whole school training events.
- Participating in regular in-service training (INSET) as part of continuing professional development (CPD).
- Undertake critical self-evaluation and then participate in continuous professional development designed to enhance the quality of teaching or other working practices.
- Work as part of an effective team to support and develop the teaching across the school.
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to join the school at an exciting time of expansion
- The opportunity to work with a parallel Reception teacher
- A welcoming and friendly school
- A supportive and happy staff team and Governing Body
- The opportunity to make an outstanding contribution to our school
- Excellently behaved children
- Supportive parents
- A commitment to continual professional development
- A well-resourced and tidy school
- Teachers UK excellent PAYE only pay rates
- Personal Consultant to support and guide you
If you would like to find out more get in touch by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01623 600 636/0759221877.