All of our candidates are carefully assessed and vetted in accordance with DFES regulations and employment legislation and our own quality control procedures.
We take our security procedures very seriously indeed and random audit checks are regularly carried out to ensure the continuing standards of our systems.
Teachers UK check the following:
(A JP or person of equivalent standing must sign any photocopies if originals are not supplied)
- Full Qualification Check. Their original certificates must be produced for copying. A letter from the DfES confirming qualifications will suffice in cases where the original certificates are missing.
- Two professional teaching references are sought, one of which must be from the teacher's most recent employer.
- Identity Check x 2
- UK visa or right to work check
- Criminal Records Bureau Check
- List 99 Check
- GTC Registration Check
- Health Check
- National Insurance Number Check
- Face to Face registration & interview process
- All Teachers are issued with our Child Protection, Code of Practice and Equal Opportunities policies.
- Overseas Qualified Teachers must supply the same information as above, plus proof of registration as a teacher in their own country, and clear national police checks for each country that they have resided in.
Once all the above has been checked and verified then ALL of our teachers are issued with an ID Badge which they should carry with them at all times, should you require sight of this upon their arrival at your school.
With the above systems in place, you can feel confident that every teacher supplied to your school via TEACHERS UK has the required qualifications, clearance and satisfactory references necessary to comply with current legislation.
Need a teacher?
You can register interest with us by clicking here or you can simply pick up the phone:
01623 600 636