A successful Primary School in a picturesque Derbyshire are working alongside Teachers UK to recruit an enthusiastic, full time Teaching Assistant to work with their KS2 classes. This position will be starting as soon as possible for the rest of the academic year.
- Make sure that the pupils you support are able to engage in learning & stay on task during the lesson or activity.
- Support the social and emotional development of pupils, reporting any issues when required.
- Support the teacher in managing challenging pupil behaviour and promoting positive behaviour.
- Listen to pupils read and read to pupils as a class, group or one-to-one.
- Guide and monitor pupil progress.
- A positive approach to working with children and the ability to motivate, inspire and build rapport.
- A strong regard for pupil safety and well-being.
- Respect for diversity, as you’ll be working with pupils from a range of backgrounds.
- Interpersonal skills to build relationships with pupils, parents, teachers and governors.
- Reading, writing, numeracy and communication skills.
If you are interested in this position or are looking for any other Teaching Assistant work please do not hesitate to get in touch. Either email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Teachers UK office on 01623 600 636.