Teachers UK are seeking a full time Year 2 class teacher to work in a primary school in the Mansfield area. This is a temporary position starting in September 2020 for the full academic year with the possibility of becoming a permanent role. The school is very supportive of all its staff and pupils. The successful candidate will work as part of a supportive team and be looking for a new challenge, they will also have the following qualities:
- Teach pupils within allocated class, enhancing their learning and providing the opportunity for achievement for all pupils
- Planning and preparing tasks which challenge pupils and ensure high levels of interest during lessons
- Monitor the academic progress of pupils and implement appropriate strategies to address underachievement
- To assess, record and report on the progress and attainment of pupils, including the end of year SATs
- To set homework task as appropriate
- To mark pupil’s work and give appropriate and constructive feedback
- To research new topic areas, maintain up-to-date subject knowledge, and devise and write new curriculum materials
- Manage pupil behaviour in the classroom and on school premises, and apply appropriate and effective measures in cases of misbehaviour
- Communicate with parents and carers over pupils’ progress and participate in school meetings, parents’ evenings and whole school training events
- Participate in regular in-service training (INSET) as part of continuing professional development (CPD)
- Undertake critical self-evaluation and then participate in continuous professional development designed to enhance the quality of teaching or other working practices.
- Work as part of an effective team to support and develop the teaching across the school
If you would like to find out more about this position please get in touch by emailing your CV to email@example.com or calling 01623 600 636/0791 760 9426.